Sunday, March 8, 2015

Personal Essay Stack

I shared my persuasive essay stack last month. Now here are the personal essays! This unit usually comes earlier in the year than persuasive writing. It tends to be the first time I use the "stack" technique with students and requires more time and planning. It also involves using "noticings" and a model essay. I've used these materials in grades 6-8. I usually incorporate reading skills into the unit for different essays as well. The unit ends with students writing their own personal essays. Those instructions are included in the stack. Happy reading!

Personal Essay Stack

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Unicorns!

 I have had the most fun teaching an after school enrichment class this fall! I Heart Unicorns is filled with a dozen 4-6 year olds who all ...