Monday, April 30, 2018

Seek and Find Symbolism Project

To wrap up our final reading unit, I gave students a big list of STEAM activities that they could complete to show comprehension of their novels. My favorite is the Seek and Find Jar. It requires students to think of 7 important symbols from their novel and explain their importance. Then, students fill a jar with their objects and either beads or rice. The fun part is trying to find the hidden symbols inside the jar!

My students love craft-based projects, so this one has also been a top choice for them. The activity lends itself well to our theme and symbolism study. I may even make it a required project in the future!
Symbolism Seek and Find Jars for The Giver, One Crazy Summer, and Coraline

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Unicorns!

 I have had the most fun teaching an after school enrichment class this fall! I Heart Unicorns is filled with a dozen 4-6 year olds who all ...