Friday, October 20, 2023

Morphology Asanas

 As I'm working my way through an online yoga course, I decided to try to merge by summer IMSE Morphology + training with this newest PD opportunity. In Humanities, students are learning Greek roots and using IMSE's resources to put these roots together to create new words. In an attempt to add more movement into our day, we have added poses with each morpheme. In Humanities, warrior pose is called TELE pose. Not every word has an actual yoga pose attached to it, but it sure is fun to see how the students come up with poses to connect to the meaning of their roots! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Unicorns!

 I have had the most fun teaching an after school enrichment class this fall! I Heart Unicorns is filled with a dozen 4-6 year olds who all ...