Monday, January 19, 2015

Feelings Chart

Every morning, my students write a journal entry that includes how they are feeling that morning. It is a great tool to gauge for carry-over emotions. Working with troubled students, it is important to help students process their feelings before they go off at me or each other. I found this Muppets Feeling chart on Pinterest this summer and had it blown up into a poster at Staples. Many of my students refer to the poster for words and characters that represent them. They are getting to express their feelings and developing their vocabulary skills. The colorful visual representations are great too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Unicorns!

 I have had the most fun teaching an after school enrichment class this fall! I Heart Unicorns is filled with a dozen 4-6 year olds who all ...