Saturday, December 31, 2016

4 C's of 21st Century Living

The education community, myself included, is all about the 4 C's of 21st Century Learning right now. The 4 C's are: creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration. These are believed to be the most important skills that students must develop through their education to be successful as adults. It's pretty much an alliterative list of what most teachers teach daily.

There is also a big SEL (Social-Emotional Learning) push in the education community. Social Emotional Learning helps students to understand their emotions, connect them to their actions, and understand the emotions and actions of others to be more empathetic people. I've been trying to develop the 4 C's of 21st Century Living which would cover the SEL part of education. I do love alliteration! Here's what I've got so far: compassion, courage, confidence, and curiosity. Thoughts?

Just as we encourage students to use their skills or creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to be successful adults, we should encourage students to compassionate, courageous, confident, and curious to be happy adults.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Unicorns!

 I have had the most fun teaching an after school enrichment class this fall! I Heart Unicorns is filled with a dozen 4-6 year olds who all ...