Thursday, September 27, 2018

Comic Summaries

A great project that I use to start the year is the Pixton Summer Reading Comic. Students use the reading skills of visualizing, summarizing, and determining importance to create the comic version of the summer reading book in only 7 comic panels.

Pixton has changed some of their terms this year, so there may be free options available, but I usually sign up for a one-month membership to start the year. The price varies based on the number of students using the website. Also, it automatically renews, so you need to cancel your membership or you'll be charged.

The students enjoy the creativity and technology used to make their comics. They also love making their own original avatars which we use to make them magnets for our SEL Mood Meter boards. I've even had students create multiple comics because they love them so much!

Pixton created comic for The Whipping Boy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Unicorns!

 I have had the most fun teaching an after school enrichment class this fall! I Heart Unicorns is filled with a dozen 4-6 year olds who all ...