I shared my persuasive essay stack last month. Now here are the personal essays! This unit usually comes earlier in the year than persuasive writing. It tends to be the first time I use the "stack" technique with students and requires more time and planning. It also involves using "noticings" and a model essay. I've used these materials in grades 6-8. I usually incorporate reading skills into the unit for different essays as well. The unit ends with students writing their own personal essays. Those instructions are included in the stack. Happy reading!
Personal Essay Stack
Teaching lessons learned and shared by the Middle School teacher.
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mathodology Training
Summer is a great time for swimming, reading, and math! While I love summer break as a chance to refresh, I also love it as a chance to ref...
-
I finally found an image of another comprehension project I used with A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park. We created board games that i...
-
As I'm working my way through an online yoga course, I decided to try to merge by summer IMSE Morphology + training with this newest PD...
-
Summer is a great time for swimming, reading, and math! While I love summer break as a chance to refresh, I also love it as a chance to ref...
No comments:
Post a Comment