Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Giving Credit in a Digital World

Part of the Digital Literacies curriculum focuses on giving proper credit and using work responsibly. Our school uses OnCampus for our classroom websites, so I created a topic or folder filled with materials to help teach students about copyright, fair use, and responsibility.

A lot of the materials I used were from the Common Sense Media curriculum. They offer different lessons and materials for varying grade bands. I used materials from both the 3-5 grade band and the 6-8 grade band making adjustments as needed. 

Below are videos from Common Sense Media and the Media Education Foundation that were useful in helping students understand the tricky subject of copyright.

Copyright and Fair Use Animation

A Fair(y) Use Tale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathodology Training

 Summer is a great time for swimming, reading, and math! While I love summer break as a chance to refresh, I also love it as a chance to ref...