Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Recording Your Screen with Quicktime

In prepping for my next unit, Technology Then and Now, I decided to research some ways to use current technology in the actual teaching of the lesson. I discovered that you can record your screen and your voice using Quicktime on Macs!

I was super excited to discover this and spent a few hours this afternoon creating a model research paragraph for students (which I would do anyway) in real-time so that they could see not only the product but also the process. Any student that struggles with the assignment can refer back to the how-to videos at any time. It's also helpful for parents that want to help, but aren't sure how to use the technology. I'm pretty pumped about this and look forward to finding other ways to incorporate the screen videos into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathodology Training

 Summer is a great time for swimming, reading, and math! While I love summer break as a chance to refresh, I also love it as a chance to ref...