Sunday, December 20, 2015

Minecraft Hour of Code

To celebrate the Hour of Code, we completed the Code.org Minecraft Hour of Code. Code.org allowed teachers to sign up their students for different coding programs. I was able to get progress tracking for students. The progress showed me what level students were on, if they completed the level, and how many blocks they used to complete it.

The students loved the Minecraft aspect of the coding. Each student has a digital notebook using Google Drive, so I had them take a screenshot of their final level and add it to the digital notebook. Students were very creative with their final level where they got to make their Minecraft character create anything they wanted.

After students completed the Hour of Code, I had them color a Minecraft avatar to hang on our Digital Literacies bulletin board. I created the coloring page in Google drawings using a template I found online. Check out our awesome avatars below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mathodology Training

 Summer is a great time for swimming, reading, and math! While I love summer break as a chance to refresh, I also love it as a chance to ref...